Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ruby-Throated Hummingbird


Back to birds! I think the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird is one of the prettiest birds around, and I love that they reside in the United States. Perhaps one day I will even see one with my own eyes. I decided to step away from the glue and scissors this time and paint. The background was painted with acrylics on an 8x10 canvas. I drew the outline of the bird and flower in pencil and then went over the outline with puffy T-shirt paint to give it a three-dimensional look. I like it!

Materials: Acrylic paints, pencil, artist tape (for blocking off the stripes), T-shirt paint.

2 comments:

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

love the color combo!

Unknown said...

lovely. and i really like the painting of the girl in black and white (in your etsy shop).