Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cock-a-Doodle-Cockatoo


Another image gleaned from the bird book I got for Christmas. This particular cockatoo is a Major Mitchell's Cockatoo who lives in Australia. Instead of using regular Prismacolor colored pencils, I used Prismacolors Art Stix, which are large rectangular chunks of colored pencil lead. They look very similar to pastels, but the nice thing is that they don't get on your fingers and you can cover a much broader area with fewer strokes. I have the 48-color set, which is indispensable. I hope that one day Prismacolor will come out with the entire 120-color set. (Please, oh, please!)

Materials: Strathmore Medium Drawing paper (9x12), Prismacolor Art Stix

3 comments:

LoveMeKnot Creations said...

wow thats really good! love the brightness and colors! makes me want mai tai...hmm...

GreenSpaceGoods said...

Love the cockatoo! He looks so fussy!

Anonymous said...

I love this cockatoo! great colors