Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Return to Mat Board


In 2007, I made quite a few collages using mat board (or "matte board" as I tend to want to spell it). Instead of taking a nap, which I really wanted to do, I got out all of my fun papers, glues, and cutting utensils and went to work. I ended up with what you see above, a Long-Tailed Broadbill bird. I think he's rather cute. At first I attempted to collage a different kind of bird, but it was a massive failure. I think I was getting too detailed for my own good, so I scrapped that bird and decided to go as simple as possible for this bird. I hope to do another collage at some point this weekend; hopefully something fashion-esque like most of my drawings.

Update: You can now buy this collage in the shop!

Materials: 8x10 mat board, handmade papers, card stock, Elmer's Glue Stick, Paper Mod Podge

2 comments:

OMB said...

Neat college. I love birds (pretty obvious).

ara133photography said...

I love this collage!!!