Monday, June 16, 2008

Chocolatey Goodness


A flower that smells like chocolate?? Say it isn't so! According to one of my plant books, the Chocolate Cosmos flower smells of a "rich, dark chocolate." Since my favorite chocolate just happens to be dark chocolate (and since the flower itself is a beautiful, passionate red), I was inspired to sit down tonight and paint it. I imagined the aroma of chocolate wafting through my apartment as I painted. Not only did I end up feeling hungry, but I also ended up with a nice little painting for a cozy nook in my apartment. I used 3-dimensional embellishment paint to highlight the shadows and light on the petals and stem.

Materials: 6x6 wood, acrylic paint, 3-D paint.

1 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog...By the way your art is super good...you truly have a talent. :)