Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wedding Embroidery


Two of my good friends are getting married this summer, and in addition to the actual wedding gift, I thought it might be nice to make something fun for them. I embroidered the above image and placed it in a 5x7 inch picture frame so they could place it wherever they wished in their new house. It's very basic and intentionally drawing-like, and I hope very much that they like it when I give it to them later this evening. Even though it may not look like it, it took me several hours of work to complete. I've been doing embroidery on and off over the past year or so, and I'm at a stage right now where it's very seductive to me and I'm extremely interested in learning new stitches and techniques.

1 comments:

Heather Klusendorf Stewart said...

Where's mine?!! This is so cute. So rustic and crafty.