Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cat In Scarf Sketch


Cats have always been a part of my life and I have always loved them. We always had cats around the house growing up, and for a time, I wanted anything with a cat on it: shirts, cups, folders, you name it. Although I've grown out of THAT stage, my love for the furry feline has not abated. I used to be obsessed with drawing cats. My cats were more like stick figure cats and the girls always wore ribbons on the tops of their heads. I believe I was in the third grade when I wrote a series of one-page comics entitled "I Love Cattie," based off of "I Love Lucy." I actually showed these to my friends who seemed to enjoy them. I realized the other day that I haven't tried to draw a cat since then, and was horrified. I checked out some books on cats from the library, but was ultimately drawn to The Black Apple's cat, Miette. I looked at a picture she had taken of her cat and made a small, quick sketch (on a Post-It note at work, no less!). I hope you like it; I think I've come a long way and it's not bad for my first cat in twenty years.