Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ho Ho Ho! Christmas Cards Are Here!




This year I decided to be ambitious and make my own Christmas cards. It cost a ton more to make my own cards than it has to buy them ready-made in the past, but I think it was worth it. I had a lot of fun gluing, cutting, punching, and deciding on the right design. I went through a few failed prototypes before coming up with the design you see above. Inside each card is a modern holiday sticker that I believe compliments the slightly mod exterior of the card. In the end, I made THIRTY cards. Maybe you will be getting one in the mail soon!

Materials: Red card stock, yellow card stock, paper, paper tree cutouts, snowflakes cut out using a paper punch, stickers, Elmer's Glue Stick.

6 comments:

Krazy Kate Designs said...

Very nice cards!

Terri said...

30 cards must have been a bear to make! They came out great though :)

Belinda Joynes Artist said...

I have been meaning to do my own cards too, thanks for some inspiration :)

Kim VanDerHoek said...

These are great and I love the shoe illustration too!

Anandi said...

*so* cute!!

Christina Hill said...

Your cards are beautiful! I tend towards retro/simple designs myself. After having spent an afternoon making Valentines Day cards with my daughter for her classmates, I definitely appreciate the work that goes in to that sort of mass production. heehee