Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Weekend of Painting



I ordered a ton of canvases and colored pencils and paints that I had been in need of from Dick Blick the other day, and it all came in on Friday in two HUGE boxes. The blank canvases represent to me a new beginning, a new path to follow. Like I said in my last post, I've been thinking a lot about my art and where I want to take it. I am looking for some cohesion in my subject matter and style, and I think that for now at least, I'm going to work with food as my subject matter. aybe that's because I'm doing Weight Watchers and can't eat this kind of food and it's appealing to me to paint it. :) I guess I mostly like the fact that food is bright and colorful and life-sustaining. I painted the above two paintings this weekend and I like them. Along with my last painting, they look like they BELONG together, and that's something I'm desperately trying to capture right now.

0 comments: