Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Drawing FAIL

The one area of art that I have always felt I'm best at is drawing. I've been drawing my entire life, and if you were to go back to my earliest attempts and compare them to where I am now, you would be amazed at the progression. I can't even begin to calculate the hours I've spent drawing this or that. I think I have a real skill with drawing. And so, you can imagine how deflating it was last night for me, when all of my attempts at drawing failed miserably. I want so badly to have consistency in my work, to find my NICHE, but last night I just was not able to capture it. I feel like I have this nebulous goal out there of being a certain kind of artist, but that it's a goal I'm never going to achieve because no matter how much I try, I'm. Just. Not. Good. Enough. I know they always say that you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet, but I'm starting to feel that no matter how many eggs I break, I'm never going to achieve what I want artistically.

Sorry for the rant. Hopefully the rest of this week will bring better art and more confidence.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are great girl....sometimes the spirit just isn't movin' but you will find your niche!