Thursday, March 13, 2008

Unrolled Fern Frond


Two posts in one day! Wow. I'm really making up for lost time, huh?

Anywho, I painted this little beauty a few weeks ago. I was inspired by the nice weather out, and I opened all the windows in my apartment and sat on my couch for a long time, just listening to the wind and to the birds chirping. I decided then and there that a nice little nature painting would suit me just fine.

This little guy is an unrolled fern frond from Costa Rica. He was painted on 6x6 inch wood with acrylic paints. He is also available in the shop if you'd like to own him yourself. I think I might do a little series of ferns since they are so curvy and luscious and sweet.

Materials: 6x6 inch wood, acrylic paint

2 comments:

Weird Bug Lady said...

Very pretty painting!

We just learned about ferns today in my plant bio class, when ferns uncurl like that, it's called circinate vernation :)

Rosebud Collection said...

I really enjoy ferns..don't want to tell you, but we eat fiddle heads..