Sunday, February 10, 2008

Three Birds In a Row


I was positively desperate to do something artistic last night, since I have been lazy in that regard for a few days. I looked through my "Bird" book for something to paint when I came across these three little gems: Southern Carmine Bee-Eaters. They are too cute for words and I love how they are all looking in the same direction for something. I'm quite satisfied with the result and it's always a good sign when I can feel good about something the next day!

UPDATE, March 2008: This item has been SOLD!

Materials: 8x10 gessoed artist panel, acrylic paint

3 comments:

Allison said...

I really like the color combination in this one - so cute!

OMB said...

I love birds. This is beautiful.

Unknown said...

thanks for the little injections of spring. these birds are lovely. the colors so vibrant.