Monday, March 9, 2009

Black-Throated Trogon


For the first time in about a month or so, I felt up to doing something creative. As I'm sure you can tell from previous entries, I love painting birds. A lot of people do, so I have good company. In any case, I haven't painted with my watercolors in years, so I thought I would pull them out and paint a bird using some soft watercolors. I didn't quite like how soft it was when I finished, so I used some inky black watercolor from a tube and outlined the entire image. It just "felt" finished at that point. I rather like it. I really wanted to focus on line and keep it as simple as possible. I messed up a bit, though. I got a smudge on the right hand side, and in an effort to remove it, I rubbed the wet paper too hard and ripped part of it. Bah. A learner's mistake, and one that I hopefully will not make again!

Materials: Windsor and Newton Watercolors, Canson 9 x 12 watercolor paper.

0 comments: